Sunday, February 19, 2012

L is for Lemon Pull-Aparts

So here's what the Lemon pull-aparts are supposed to look like....

And here's how my turned out....

They aren't/weren't bad, just different. First off, the store didn't have those dinner rolls, just crescent ones.  That's it, that's the only difference, so I don't know why I said "first off" or why I'm mad they didn't turn out like the first picture. 


I guess it's because they just didn't look as picturesque as I wanted them to :( , but they still tasted pretty good. I mean, they taste like what you would think; lemony dinner rolls. Maybe I'm being bitter, but they were mediocre, not really "blow my mind with lemony refreshing-ness" material.

The glaze was deliciously simple though, just powdered sugar and lemon juice
I found this recipe off of a blog, called Creations by Kara and I totally agree with her when she says "I love the taste of lemon, especially during the hot summer months. " but I was personally missing that kick that wakes you up, whenever you have a lemony dessert. No offense Kara, that's just how I like mine, but I would not have been able to think of anything like that, so kudos. 
Until next time, (hopefully I'll be nicer) show off those sweet teeth and always ask "What's for dessert?"
Recipe from creationsbykara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment