Sunday, January 29, 2012

I is for Inside-out Carrot Cake cookies

Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside; perfection
My grandma would really appreciate these cookies; she loves carrot cake and they really do taste like a carrot cake that has mysteriously shape shifted into a cookie sandwich. My favorite part about this recipe: the cream cheese and honey frosting. So simple a caveman could do it and it perfectly compliments the cookies, by the end my mom and I were seriously just sticking our fingers in the dish and eating the frosting by itself. But we used low fat, whipped cream cheese, which made it really runny and thin, so next time I'll get the really thick Philadelphia stuff to make it super creamy.
I had the same reaction with this recipe as the Beignets; they were very deformed and weird looking, but I didn't care because they were my babies and I loved them for who they were, plus they tasted awesome so who cares.
 Just know that they seriously spread out in the oven and becoming HUGE globs of cookies goodness, so instead of making a sandwich, it might be easier to just take one and dip it in the frosting, then you can get a bigger cookie: frosting ratio! Another short and to the point post without anecdotes so, until next time, show off those sweet teeth and always remember to ask "What's for dessert?"

From http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Inside-Out-Carrot-Cake-Cookies-109346

No comments:

Post a Comment