Wednesday, January 18, 2012

H for Hazelnut Butter Cookies


The coveted main ingredient
I was a very fortunate child and was introduced to hazelnut very early in my life. But that being said, I have been a hazelnut freak ever since. Especially, when I was a youngster, every time I was in a grocery store and saw the word "Hazelnut" splashed across any surface; ice cream, cookies, spreads, my reflex would just grab it and place it in my cart, without even realizing it. The very rare occasion, my mom would ever let me anywhere near the Godiva shop, I would dash to the window filled with b-e-a-utiful chocolates and smash my face up against it, frantically searching for that hidden treasure. Ah yes, found it, that one row of perfection, otherwise known as Hazelnut and Chocolate truffles!

So obviously when I stumbled across this recipe, I just had to make it. One problem was finding the major ingredient; hazelnut butter. We checked our local Publix and local organic food store, but all they had was almond butter or hazelnut peanut butter. We finally found it in the form of chocolate hazelnut butter sample packets from Fresh Market. Besides that, this recipe was a breeze.
Dough after being refrigerated overnight



 I obviously halved this recipe since it made two dozen cookies and because the hazelnut packets only filled up about half a cup. Just to add kick and more hazelnut flavor, I added a dollop of Nutella in the batter. I also highly recommend making the batter a night before and then just popping them in the oven while you do your daily chores and fill the entire house with that tantalizing aroma. Another quick tip; the recipe says to do one sheet at a time, actually follow there advice, or else you will have to rotate the baking sheets, which is actually more work. Until next time, show off those sweet teeth and always remember to ask "What's for dessert?"

No comments:

Post a Comment