Sunday, January 29, 2012

P is for Popsicles

Don't try to pull entire popsicle out, my brother learned the hard way you'll just end up with a stick-less popsicle. Simply just cut the wax paper cup and peel.
It is the middle of January, the dead of winter. So why am I making Popsicles? For that exact reason, that I just stated. I'm making Popsicles because it's winter, everyone needs a pick-me up to get rid of the winter blues. My pick me up comes in the form of Popsicles, the very dessert associated with every summer memory; lazy days by the pool, no school (hey I rhymed!), just good, plain fun.


My family thoroughly enjoyed this light, healthy treat compared to all the heavy cookies and cake. Obviously it's easy, just pop all the ingredients in a blender and pour into wax cups, then half way through freezing them stick a popsicle stick in them.

Placing them in a deep dish helps stop them from falling over

But I actually learned something very useful from this popsicle recipe, BRAIN BLAST! So as a popsicle amateur, I was uninformed about the secret ingredient to perfect flaky popsicles, as opposed to a huge block of ice; gelatin. It makes sense, if you put orange juice in the fridge it becomes one huge orange brick, so what makes popsicles so easy to bite into? A simple gelatin packet, don't you dare forget it. Until next time, show off those sweet teeth, and don't forget to ask, "What's for dessert?"
From epicurious.com
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Homemade-Popsicles-235649

No comments:

Post a Comment