Saturday, January 7, 2012

X for Xmas Bread Pudding



Okay, I know what your thinking, this recipe doesn't really qualify, but give me a break. What would you have done for a dessert that starts with x? Yeah think about that. This recipe, found on epicurious.com, was sooooo easy and super yummy. I would definitely make this during thanksgiving next year or as homemade Christmas presents, because it takes 5 minutes to mix the ingredients then coat the bread in it, transfer to a pan and wallah, a delicious pumpkiny bread pudding. Especially after the holidays this would be perfect, when you have extra pumpkin from pumpkin pie recipes and crusty rolls. Though I do suggest, you use a big mixing bowl, for I underestimated the amount of liquid mixture, and tried to whisk it in a small serving bowl, which could have led to a disaster. I also changed the recipe a bit, because I was too lazy to go to the store. Gasp! I know, but it was small changes, like 2 percent milk instead of whole, and whipping cream, instead of heavy cream and it turned out perfectly fine. See ya'll soon! 
My set up




From epicurious.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment