Monday, April 16, 2012

O for Oreo Cupcakes


Oops I did it again. Hey guys, now that we are about to end this journey, I'd just like to tell you that of course these last few recipes had to be stressful. So to go out with a (semi) bang, I wanted to make two of my three last desserts, (Oreo cupcakes and Eclairs), for a dinner party that my mom hosted. I got all the recipes, read through them thoroughly ( I swear) and gathered all the correct ingredients. Little did I know my impending doom that would come later that night, because I stupidly chose to go somewhere with my friends instead of prepare my desserts early, (I know crazy to choose my friends of my desserts, WHAAA?!?!). Knowing full well that my mom would be in full fledged cooking mode, taking up the entire kitchen, when I came back.
I don't think you will be surprised when I say, that I forgot cupcake liners, and had to drive to Publix to get some, the custard wouldn't thicken, and I almost burned the eclair shells. This pressure and stress almost sent me over the edge, like the the unspeakable Meringue incident, if it weren't for all the guests rooting for me, I woulda flipped out again.

P.S. my camera also broke in the middle of it, so I had to used some process pictures from the website that I got the recipe from, like the above picture. HA you thought I took that?

Just like this picture, I crumbled some of the oreos, but left the other half whole. But as you pour the batter in, all of the Oreos float to the top. I personally like the crumbled up oreo ones, because it gave you a surprise and the cupcake wasn't so dense.


Oh yeah and I forgot to buy the ingredients to make the frosting so....As you can see it was one of those "Really?!" kinda days. Even without the icing, though, the guests, who were family friends, said that it would have been too sweet with the icing. But I know that they were just being nice. 
So until next time, which will be soon since I have to do the Eclair post, show off those sweet teeth and dont' forget to ask "What's for dessert?"
P.S. This blog is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment